AUTOMATION ENHANCED SCHEDULING OF INSPECTORS AND REDUCED WORKLOAD
TÜV SÜD, a global testing, inspection, and certification company administers a complex scheduling process of allocating teams of inspectors to factory pre-shipment inspections, dispatching inspectors from several hubs across China. The challenge was to develop a scheduling solution that would enhance the dispatch of suitable inspectors to provide optimal schedules while considering complex business rules, travel conditions, and massive demand throughout the peak season.
· Six schedulers
· Inability to find satisfiable solutions during the peak season
· Using a set of Excel sheets with conflicts
· Reduction of scheduling manpower from 6 to 4 schedulers, improvement of dispatch quality
· Possibility to quick re-dispatch when bookings are changed last-minute also in the peak season
· Using a centralized software connected to company data sources